вторник, 19 ноември 2013 г.

Digging the Internet for Varna

I'm so happy sites like lostbulgaria.com and retrobulgaria.com exist!
I found some old photos that include the railway station. These photos will help a lot in my investigation - what has been changed in the building during the ages.

Varna, railway station 1920s (Варна, ж.п. гарата, 20-те години на ХХ век)

view form the port (link). I see my task in the background 

Another precious net spot - Forum 


Facades are one thing, a whole other thing is the urban planning. I am surprised again how much I find when I ask good-old Google:



I also checked:
  • google maps 
  • bgmaps.com - for more orientation with neighbourhood names
  • gisvarna.com - I'm so used to gisSofia that I can check every site for free and I'm in a difficulty that gisvarna is paid. The thing that pisses me off is there's no prices for the services and the registration itself requires my bank account. Please..
  • Officials: http://agup.varna.bg
  • Official Urban Plans - strategic plan (bg: ОУП)
  • Old plans: taken form this blog - 10x people!
Varna Old Plans:

Map of Varna - 1854


Varna urban plan 1897


Varna urban plan 1923

map of Varna nowadays 

topographic map of Varna

Latest Strategic plan of Varna



Sites I found and will explore further:

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар